[GRASS-user] Introduction and installing GRASS

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 02:40:33 EDT 2011

Daniel wrote:
> Anyway, I'm not sure Ubuntu Gis will put a item on your
> menu so what happens if you open a terminal and type grass
> Do you see anything?

that should work.

if you create a custom launcher for it, the critical thing to
remember is that you do need to tick the "Run in Terminal"
button. Otherwise it fails weirdly.

afaik UbuntuGIS just uses DebianGIS's package, and although I
added a grass.desktop menu file there ages ago apparently I
still haven't set it to copy into the /usr/share/applications/
dir yet. Similar for the WMaker style grass.menu file.
I'll get to that asap.

cheers,
Hamish

(Otago)