[GRASS-user] Problems with lidar tools

LeeDaniel Lee.Daniel.1986 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 08:57:57 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm having major problems with the Lidar tools. I've got a dataset with
5.5-7.0 points per m² and have run v.edgedetection on the original point
cloud containing all points with a the spline step parameters set to 0.6 and
the other parameters set as outlined in "Inverse calibration of lidar
filterimg parameters" by Brovelli & Lucca. Nonetheless, the edges detected
don't seem to have a whole lot to do with actual edges in the scene,
buildings look like they're completly ignored. Another fact is that I can't
see the data in nviz, it claims that there are no points in the region, even
though I've set the region settings to match the LiDAR data set.

More confusing, I can tell GRASS to show the points with random colors
according to their classes, but I can't see the classes themselves in the
attribute table, so I can't extract them thematically or control how they're
shown. If I build topology again for that classes, I can open the attribute
table, but it only has two fields: ID and Interp. Can't figure out what they
mean, and v.lidar.growing doesn't change the map at all. What's going on??

Thanks a bunch,
Daniel