[GRASS-user] query values within different angles

Tim Besser bessertim at gmx.de
Tue May 31 05:29:39 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS users,

I need to query raster values around a city for different angles. The
result I am aiming at should be the amount of landcover surrounding the
city within 10 degrees angles and different distances to the city.

So far I tried r.buffer and v.buffer but that are not providing what I
am lookin for. Using r.mapcalc and addressing each pixel separately
would be an option but I hope that GRASS combined with perhaps PGSQL and
Postgis functions provides an easier way to achieve that.

I would highly appreciate any hints how to derive buffers for specific
angles only.

kind regards, Tim

P.S.: using GRASS 6.4.1. under Windows, QGIS 1.6.0 and the newest R version