[GRASS-user] Re: Hardware config/limits

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue May 31 15:00:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:55 PM, nunosousa84
<nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well its not that extreme at all, hehehe. In fact its just a small
> portion/region of my country (Portugal). I would say its about 20 square
> kilometers (topo chart scale 1:25000). The command give this info:
>
> projection: 99 (Transverse Mercator)
> zone:       0
> datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
> ellipsoid:  international
> north:      440001.79599872
> south:      425994.35467597
> west:       223993.6587145
> east:       241010.36970949
> nsres:      1.00003151
> ewres:      0.99998302

Hint: if you use the -a flag along with the res parameter ff g.region, you can
get the precise 1.0m resolution which is likely better:

g.region res=1.0 -ap

> rows:       14007
> cols:       17017
> cells:      238357119

In fact, not too much.

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM, nunosousa84
<nuno_sousa_1984 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that i have serious problems dealing with large raster maps and
> some GRASS commands in Grass plugin, like r.surf.contour, shaded relief,
> some raster calcs, etc...

What problems do you exactly have?

Markus