[GRASS-user] Re: r.param.scale curvatures formulas

Alexander Muriy amuriy at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:25:58 EDT 2011

2011/5/31, grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org
<grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>:

> Sorry to resurrect a reasonably old topic (following my mail), but I
> have two questions on the r.param.scale module:
>
> 1 - I share Jasiewicz's concerns, the formula do not match the
> litterature I got [0]

Formulas for this module were investigated by Jo Wood in his work
http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~jwo/phd/
So there can be some special cases..

> I know other modules, such as v.surf.rst, offer to compute the
> tangential curvature, but I'd be glad to generate the different
> curvatures I need using only one command.

Also as an idea: it's possible to write custom script (shell, python),
which would be compute different types of curvatures by calling
different modules (r.param.scale, r.slope.aspect,v.surf.rst)