[GRASS-user] compiling grass65svn - error on ubuntu 11.10

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sat Nov 5 20:06:37 EDT 2011

since very long time (mainly working on the windows-platform)
I'm trying again compiling grass65svn on linux, here on my box the
fresh ubuntu 11.10.

my configure line is:

myricaria at myricaria-hp-pavilion-ze4900-PJ920EA-ABD:/usr/local/src/grass/grass6_devel$
./configure

--with-cxx
--with-sqlite
 --with-cairo
--with-freetype
--with-nls
--with-read-line
--with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config
--with-python=/usr/bin/python2.7-config
--with-geos=/usr/bin/geos-config
--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2/
--with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj

I'm getting following:

configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

following http://code.google.com/p/bioapi-linux/issues/detail?id=2
there seems to be some issues with automake and connected things.

I'm a little bit confused, because on ubuntu 11.10, there are available
automake and connected things with version 1.09, 1.10, 1.11 ...

any hints?

Helmut