[GRASS-user] legend scientific format

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 14 16:26:06 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Salvatore Mellino
<salvatore.mellino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to generate a map legend  with number in scientific format. (I have number like 1.0E+14 and in the legend appear like 100000000000000)…

Do you use d.legend?

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/d.legend.html
"The text produced from floating-point raster maps will automatically create
output with a meaningful number of significant digits. For very small values,
numbers will be expressed in scientific notation, e.g. "1.7e-9".
"

Perhaps that should be likewise implemented for very large numbers, too?

Markus