[GRASS-user] Cannot get past Wiki captcha

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 22 10:30:16 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Martin:
>> long time and most of cleanup has been done MarkusN and me.
>
> no doubt.
>
> fwiw, if you check the block logs I think you will find that you
> are not alone in that.. (a while ago I did some 100+)

I guess we don't have to argue about that but Martin and me
were really swamped with this cleanup (which I also do for
the OSGeo wiki) that it was no longer acceptable.

Re LDAP: since the Wiki logins were separate from the OSGeo
LDAP, many users will have differing names. This makes a Wiki
migration to LDAP authentication a difficult (read: manual) job.
See the OSGeo-SAC list for the discussion.

> why aren't we using the standard and very well tested debian
> package for mediawiki?

Since the Debian version on the shared projects-machine from
OSGeo is the last but one version, its Mediawiki version is just
antique... It lacks several features we are using for years.

Markus