[GRASS-user] LiDAR LAS import

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 03:17:21 EST 2011

Daniel Victoria wrote:
> Hi Rebecca et al.,
>
> I'm having the same problem. Installed liblas using ubuntu packages
> and when I run configure I get that it's unable to locate libLAS
> library.
>
> daniel at daniel-desktop:/usr/lib$ liblas-config --libs
> -L/usr/lib -lgeotiff -L/usr/lib -lgdal1.6.0
> daniel at daniel-desktop:/usr/lib$ liblas-config --includes
> -I/usr/include/geotiff -I/usr/include/gdal
>
> Has anyone figured out what is going on?

I think I got it. LibLAS 1.6.1 and 1.7.0: liblas-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -llas -llas_c -L/usr/lib64
/usr/lib64/libboost_program_options-mt.so
/usr/lib64/libboost_thread-mt.so /usr/local/lib64/libgdal.so
/usr/local/lib64/libgeotiff.so /usr/lib64/libtiff.so
/usr/local/lib64/liblaszip.so

The crucial difference is -llas -llas_c which is missing for libLAS 1.2

Maybe this (-llas -llas_c) should be always included by configure for libLAS ?

Markus M