[GRASS-user] RE: GRASS GUI issues

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 1 02:21:39 EDT 2011

Hi again all,

Took a break from computer, had a brilliant idea... ;-)

Tried running GRASS in good old skool tcltk GUI - it happily let me
query the map display, it happily accepted the sql 'where' clauses for
layer that the python gui ignored, and it happily let me change numerous
times, the settings for a layer...

So, would seem the issue is not with GRASS in essence, nor with me, but
with the python GUI. Whether it's from my O/S side or GRASS side on that
aspect is beyond my computing knowledge.

Should this be added to bugs now that I have a clearer understanding of
what did and didn't work? Or should I be looking to add/update my O/S
with certain python packages?

-Regards
Shane.