[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc appears to have changed behavior

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 1 02:35:52 EDT 2011

Jim, et al.,

I am not an authority on GRASS, but it may not have been you that 'did
that' - if you were using an earlier version and did a significant
upgrade or a fresh install of a newer version of GRASS, some fine
details like this might end up with new default values (?) I recall
doing a few re-installs/upgrades and having to keep a close eye on user
settings, mapset locations, etc when starting up a newer GRASS.

May not be what happened in your case, but worth keeping in mind if/when
you are moving around GRASS versions or using it on other computers etc,
check up on some of the environment variables as you go. Help docs have
info on how to find the gory detail :-)