[GRASS-user] "Automatic" redraw of map display in 6.4 when underlying raster changes?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:44:56 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2011/10/6 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com>:
> >> I am looking for a way to automatically redraw a map if the underlying
> >> raster map is changing.
>
> wxGUI is doing something similar checking commands which were finished [1].
>
> Martin
>
> [1]
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py#L631

Interesting - but I guess it will not be to easy to use this event.

It would be really nice, if one could define a script (in a environment
variable) which will be always executed if this event occurs. This could
then easily be used to instruct an external viewer to e.g. redraw.

Rainer

> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)