[GRASS-user] r.viewshed build

Adam Dershowitz, Ph.D., P.E. adershowitz at exponent.com
Sun Oct 9 19:01:57 EDT 2011

I just tried to build and run r.viewshed.  When I build it, it seems to compile fine, but then latter in the make process, I saw this error go past:

MM error: limit =0B. allocating 16B. limit exceeded by 24B.
Assertion failed: (0), function operator new, file mm.cc, line 326.

However, after that, it does apparently complete the build and generate a binary.  But, if I try to run the binary, I get exactly that error.  Even just trying to get help:

> r.viewshed  -h
MM error: limit =0B. allocating 16B. limit exceeded by 24B.
Assertion failed: (0), function operator new, file mm.cc, line 326.
Abort trap

So, it seems that something is odd with build.
I am running on a Mac, using Kyngchaos binaries and modbuild.  So, the make command I used is just:
make GRASS_HOME='/Users/dersh/Library/GRASS/6.4/modbuild' GRASS_APP='/Applications/GRASS-6.4.app'

Any thoughts or suggestions what might be going on with this?
I really am not sure if it is an issue with r.viewshed, GRASS, Mac version, mac building etc?

Thanks for any ideas.

--Adam