[GRASS-user] Re: d.vect dialog issues, and query tool issues (previously: GRASS GUI issues)

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 10 08:22:28 EDT 2011

I just came across something more in regards to python misbehaviour - it
may well be that GRASS 6.4.1 needs python 2.5 and ubuntu 10.04 has 2.6.

One website that outlined their success with GRASS after getting the 2.5
python version is
http://dipeshbhattarai.com/?p=57
(note they were using windows7 and it too had python 2.6)

more searching finds other sites with ppa's etc for this 2.5 version.
https://launchpad.net/~fkrull/+archive/deadsnakes
http://welcometoubuntu.blogspot.com/2010/05/howto-install-python-255-on-ubuntu-1004.html

I am yet to try it... a bit hesitant in whether I'll break something on my system... ;-)

Anyone know if newer versions of GRASS use python 2.6 or higher?

Regards,
Shane.