[GRASS-user] AddOn or Script when compiling GRASS from source

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Oct 11 10:17:20 EDT 2011

On OS X there are defined addon folders so you don't have to put anything in the application or some random path.

~/Library/GRASS/[grassver]/Modules

where [grassver] is the major.minor grass version.

This folder has a standard complement of bin/, docs/, etc/ and lib/.  bin/ doesn't care whether it's a script or compiled module, they all go here (unlike the main app that separates bin and scripts).

The startup will add anything in docs/html to an addon help page accessible from the Apple Help app (separate entry from the GRASS app help there).

The startup also creates an extension menu for the GUI.

This is all a part of the Mac build, and I don't know what, if anything, the Windows build does about this.