[GRASS-user] compiling Grass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 12 12:19:27 EDT 2011

Martin Brandt wrote:

> all my phd-work is based on a combination of Grass, Qgis and R. Now I want
> to build Grass from source to get access to new features and the add ons.
> For me it is very important that I can access my Grass database with Qgis as
> a viewer, so can anyone assure me that with the trunk version of Grass I can
> still use QGIS as a viewer?

The trunk is GRASS 7, which isn't compatible with 6.x at the library
level.

However, there is no problem with having multiple versions of GRASS
installed.

Also, there are probably more add-ons available for 6.x than 7.x right
now, so you might be find the 6.5 development branch (develbranch_6)
to be more useful than the trunk.