[GRASS-user] Linking raster map instead of copying - alternative to r.reclass?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:55:07 EDT 2011

Hi

I want to be able to acess the same raster map by using two different names,
e.g. "map_2007" and "map".

Is there a way of achieving this (under Linux)? I am using r.copy at the
moment, but it uses quite a bit of hdd space (I have many maps!). I could
use r.reclass,

r.reclass input=map_2007 output=map rules=???

but what do I put in ??? Which rules do I use?

but is there an easier way of achieving this?

In addition, would r.reclass be dynamic, i.e. if map_2007 is changing, will
that be reflected when I access map?

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa