[GRASS-user] 'Show attribute data' icon gives db.select error

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 13 07:57:25 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I've known about this for awhile but worked around it. Maybe it's
already been reported, it's a small thing.

Using tcltk GUI (ver. 6.4.1), when I have a vector layer, some options
for settings include two icons to show table info - one prints column
names in the output, the other is supposed to print table data.

what that latter button does for me connected to postgres database, is
submit this command to the output:

db.select table=weeds database=/home/my_home_directory/gisdb driver=pg

When what it should be is:
db.select table=weeds database=gisdb driver=pg

I know this because I copy the 'bad' command to the 'terminal' at bottom
of the output monitor, delete the /home/my_home_directory/ and re-run
successfully.

I suspect the /path/to/local/directory part of this db.select is
relevant if one is still connecting to a dbf within GRASS or a local
SQLite database, but it seems for postgres (all server db's?) GRASS
already knows how to locate the postgres server, it doesn't need a
directory path. it only needs the database name.

Anyone know if this has been rectified? Like I said I've known about it
awhile, many months even, but such an easy workaround was quicker than
writing this email about the problem!

Regards,
Shane.