[GRASS-user] Multiple installs of GRASS?

Sylvain Maillard sylvain.maillard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 09:40:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

in fact it's pretty easy to have multiple grass install on your computer:
you just need to follow the instructions on
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Compile_and_Install#Ubuntu, and use the
--prefix=/opt/grass64 (or whatever you want)

on my gentoo box, i have a regular grass-6.4.1, and a compiled 6.4-svn,
grass-6.5, and grass-7 without any trouble!

cheers,
Sylvain