[GRASS-user] v.digit options in 6.4.2RC1

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 20 22:35:55 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 12:47 +0200, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/10/20 Shane Litherland <litherland-farm at bigpond.com>:
> > At first these three different ways to get to v.digit seemed a bit
>
> there is only one way how to start v.digit (Tcl/Tk, from the menu) and
> three ways how to reach wxGUI vector digitizer (which is not called
> v.digit to avoid mess).
>
> > messy/unprofessional, but after using it a bit more, I can see some
> > benefits in current layout... but thought I'd comment in case the
> > various ways to get there weren't actually intentional?
>
> More ways how to reach a goal seems to you as "messy/unprofessional"?
No, no! :-) just that _initially_, given their variations in getting
there, i felt that.. or maybe more accurate adjective would have been
confusing, thinking from angle of newcomers being bamboozled by finding
too many ways to get something done... sometimes people like just one
option, keep it simple, don't scare them ;-) Mind you, such people
probably would never agree which 'one' avenue was 'the one'.
But I'm all good with the options, now that I've given them a bit more
exercise.

Thanks for clarifying v.digit vs wxGUI too :-)

-shane.