[GRASS-user] Re: readVECT6 in R under GRASS

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 24 06:36:58 EDT 2011

You need to provide a lot more information, including the messages displayed
when spgrass6 (and possibly rdgal) are loaded, and the output of
sessionInfo(). These will tell us which versions you are using. Then also
run:

execGRASS("g.list", parameters=list(type="vect"))

to check that the vector object you think that you have is actually visible.
It may be in a mapset that is not on your search path.

Roger

Salvatore Mellino wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to open a vector file (points) in GRASS with R. I used the
>> following command:
>>
>> rain <- readVECT6("rain_2010", ignore.stderr=TRUE)
>>
>> but I received the following message:
>>

>> Error in ogrInfo(dsn = dsn, layer = layer, input_field_name_encoding =
>> input_field_name_encoding) :
>>  Cannot open layer
>>
>> How can I fix the problem?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Salvatore

-----
Roger Bivand
Economic Geography Section
Department of Economics
Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
Helleveien 30
N-5045 Bergen, Norway