[GRASS-user] Re: Add DB entries to vector line (after v.split)

Alexander Muriy amuriy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:18:41 EDT 2011

Hi, wittich.

-- firstly you should delete old categories from your segments' lines (they
relate to the initial 3 lines):
 v.category in=lines_split out=lines_split_nocats opt=del

-- then add new cats to segmented lines:
v.category in=lines_split_nocats out=lines_split_newcats opt=add

*As a promotion*: there is a small shell-script
<v.to.equidist<http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Addons#v.to.equidist>>
on GRASS-Addons page that generates vector points or line segments along a
given vector line(s) with the equal distances (uses v.segment) and populate
tables with cats, length etc.