[GRASS-user] r.in.gdal/HF2/HFZ problem

Duffy, Garret garret.duffy at nuigalway.ie
Fri Oct 28 11:21:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm running grass 6.2 and I've updated gdal to version 1.8.1 in order to
import HF2/HFz files into grass

%r.in.gdal -f
Supported Formats:
  XYZ (rw): ASCII Gridded XYZ
  HF2 (rw): HF2/HFZ heightfield raster
  OZI (ro): OZI

So it should work... but:

%r.in.gdal 'input=/path/to/HFZ/5m_irish_sea.HF2' output=test title=test

ERROR 4: `/path/to/HFZ/5m_irish_sea.HF2' not recognised as a supported
file format.

I really don't want to update grass as version 4.7 of proj that grass
6.4 requires doesn't support general RSO projections and I am trying the
reproject the HF2 file into that projection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**Could I use "gdal_translate" to change the HF2 to a TIF and then use
r.in.gdal??**

Garret

Dr. Garret Duffy
Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences