[GRASS-user] How to remove nonexistent vector map

Aren Cambre aren at arencambre.com
Sun Sep 4 22:18:15 EDT 2011

I am trying to run *v.in.ogr* against a PostGIS database. The command's
output is:

*ERROR: Vector map <pointdata> already exists*

Yet when I run *g.remove pointdata*, I get:

*Removing raster <pointdata>*
*Raster map <pointdata> not found*
*<pointdata> nothing removed*

But then you may say, "Hey, moron, that's a vector layer! Use the right
command." OK, I ran *g.remove vect=pointdata *and I get:

*Removing vector <pointdata>*
*DBMI-DBF driver error:*
*Unable to open database <cat C:\Users\Aren Cambre\Desktop\DEEM
documents\GRASS\DallasCountyCrashes\Crases2\dbf\> by driver <dbf>*
*Unable open database <cat C:\Users\Aren Cambre\Desktop\DEEM
documents\GRASS\DallasCountyCrashes\Crases2\dbf\> by driver <dbf>*
*Unable to find table <crash> linked to vector map <pointdata>*
*couldn't be removed*
*<pointdata> nothing removed*

Huh?

Aren