[GRASS-user] Re: Desperate help needed 2: can' t install add-ons in other versions of GRASS.

Marcello Gorini gorini at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:43:18 EDT 2011

Glynn Clements wrote:

>It looks like you're trying to build a 6.x add-on against 7.0.
>Probably because of:
>
	>>svnurl=http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/

>For 7, hits should be

>	svnurl=https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass7

That' s exactly what I am doing, thanks. I tried the correct way and
downloaded r.fuzzy.

>Again, this is the 6.x version. 7.0 doesn't have r.fuzzy.system as a
>separate add-on; it has a single add-on named r.fuzzy which provides
>the modules r.fuzzy.set, r.fuzzy.logic and r.fuzzy.system.

>You can have 6.x and 7.0 installed on the same system, but they're
>distinct packages. Add-ons written for one won't work with the other.

Thanks for the info. I see that now. I wasn' t able to install it anyway
though, it says " make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop" , but
that' s something for another day.

I was advised not to go into grass 7.0 if I wanted a fast result and that's
what I am going to do. Since I eventually managed to get my old 6.4.0svn
version up and running again, I am sticking with it for the time being.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Marcello.