[GRASS-user] Adding a point vector

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sat Sep 24 15:06:03 EDT 2011

Sorry about that.

I meant to say.  I reran v.in.db with all other programs closed as Markus Metz suggested.  I still got the error message:

GRASS 6.4.1 (Mega_Ireland):~ > v.in.db --overwrite table=wedge_tomb driver=sqlite database=/Users/kurtsprings/Document/wedge.db x=nat_grid_e y=nat_grid_n key=cat output=wedge_tomb
WARNING: Vector map <wedge_tomb> already exists and will be overwritten
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to open database: unable to open database file

WARNING: Unable to open database </Users/kurtsprings/Document/wedge.db> by
        driver <sqlite>
ERROR: Unable to open database <$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/sqlite.db>
      by driver <sqlite>

I've used this method successfully before Lion.

When I tried the wxGUI Attribute manager, as in you video, I was unable to access anything in the fields to make entries.  I'd try to recreate it, but I did something to the my $LOCATION in my struggle with it and am trying to reload an older version from my lap top.  GRASS apparently does not like time machine.

So much for something that should only take a few minutes.

Kurt