[GRASS-user] Grass 6.4.0 problem with r.average

Calogero Zarbo zarbo at fbk.eu
Tue Apr 3 03:40:55 EDT 2012

Hello to everyone,
i'm using Grass 6.4.0 with the purpose to compute the average value of a raster for each polygon of a vector in the same boundingbox.
Theese are the steps:
- Improve resolution from 200x200m to 5x5m
- Rasterizing the vector map using cat column as identifier
- Computing r.average using the raster map of a particular phenological situation and the rasterized vector map

Everything seems work well, till i found that the computed value of the r.average is different by a constant (-19.6137256622). This value is added to every computed mean in the raster map, and i don't understand the reason of this weird behavior. I wish you could help me.
Best regards,

Calogero Zarbo

FBK - Fondazione Bruno Kessler
Center for Information Technology
Mpba - Predictive Models for Biomedicine & Environment
Via Sommarive, 18- 38123 Povo (Trento) IT
e-mail: zarbo at fbk.eu<https://webmail.fbk.eu/owa/redir.aspx?C=648442797b254191ab144726f9a535e7&URL=mailto%3Adefilippi%40fbk.eu>
phone: +39 0461 314 674