[GRASS-user] Installing r.basin with g.extension

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Apr 4 15:11:17 EDT 2012

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, Rich Shepard wrote:

> why not using g.extension?

   The manual page does not explain from which directory it should be run.
The module needs to run within GRASS, but if I let GRASS pick the location
and mapset the build fails for an inability to find the Makefile.

   I think it should be run from the GRASS source code directory, but what
command should be used to start GRASS so the module is properly built and
installed?

   Errors:

mkdir -p
/home/rshepard/grassdata/Washington-Kinross/buckhorn/.tmp/salmo/4500.0/dist.i486-slackware-linux-gnu/fonts
make: *** No rule to make target .basin', needed by
/home/rshepard/grassdata/Washington-Kinross/buckhorn/.tmp/salmo/4500.0/dist.i486-slackware-linux-gnu/scripts/r.basin'.
Stop.
ERROR: Compilation failed, sorry. Please check above error messages.

Rich