[GRASS-user] r.basin Issues Needing Resolution

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Apr 6 18:23:29 EDT 2012

   I have several questions about r.basin that I hope can be quickly
answered.

   1.) Is there an example that can be added to the manual page? I would like
to better understand the prefix and threshold parameters.

   2.) There are several module dependencies, but r.stream.basin, r.wf.py,
and r.ipso.py cannot be downloaded and installed using g.extension; they're
not found in the addon repository.

   3.) The r.stream.extract module is not working for my projects' data using
version 6.5svn on linux. I have detailed vector maps of the stream networks
in each of the subbasins I need to describe and model. If I run v.to.rast on
these maps can I use the outlet cell as the values for the easting and
northing parameters to the command?

Thanks,

Rich