[GRASS-user] mysql support

Patrick Dolan pdolan39 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:13:00 EDT 2012

Hi out there, I've been trying to connect to the mysql database that
I've been using in GRASS for the past couple of years and I've run into
a problem. Could anyone tell me if they've been confronted with the same
issue? I'm running GRASS on a Mac OS X Lion. I've tried 6.4.2 and 6.4.3
and neither appear to give mysql as an option in db.connect. I've pasted
in the relevant error below:

... > db.connect driver=mysql

ERROR: value <mysql> out of range for parameter <driver>
        Legal range: dbf,odbc,ogr,sqlite

Parameters:
     driver   Driver name
              default: dbf