[GRASS-user] wxpython error in mac OS (Cannot set locale to 'es_AR')

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 11 09:48:45 EDT 2012

I've been seing this a lot - the problem is that Python itself expects a locale to be in the form:

language.encoding

For some reason on some Mac systems, LC_CTYPE is getting set to just the language.  Python checks LC_CTYPE before LANG (there is a Terminal that automatically sets LANG).  So in your ~/.bash_profile you need to add:

export LC_CTYPE=es_AR.UTF-8