[GRASS-user] v.rast.stats for just a single statistic, in a python loop

Ismael Gómez gomez.ismael at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:54:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to use the v.rast.stats inside a loop in a python script.
The thing is I just need to get one of the nine columns it generates (sum).
As it runs many times in the loop, it takes a lot of (unnecessary, for this
script) time and also creates a huge table with too many (unnecessary, for
this script) columns.
I was wondering then if there was a way to specify the calculation for just
that single statistic.

Also, I wanted to ask you if there is a way to access the source code of a
specific module (in this case, v.rast.stats) via web (without downloading
the whole source code), just to have a quick look at it (and try to adapt
it to my needs, eventually contribute to it if possible, ... I don't know,
... just wondering what's the right way to do it ...).
This might be a stupid question, but please take into account that i'm
still quite new in all this (fascinating) stuff.

Thank you very much in advance.
Regards

--
Ismael G.
Ingeniero de Caminos (UPM). Ingénieur des Ponts et Chaussées (ENPC).