[GRASS-user] r.stream.extract: map mis-match error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 19 16:57:41 EDT 2012

   On one project the r.stream.extract error, "Accumulation map does not
match elevation map!", was caused by a mask on the elevation map. With this
project the mask was removed, and no longer limits the DEM region.
anyway.

   I started over to ensure the elevation map was not masked. Because of the
large size, I used the NHD basin map's region to set the analytical region:

 	g.region vect=basins align=dem_proj

Then changed resolution from 1 US Foot (0.305m) to 10m (30 US Feet).

   This is the same region and elevation map used in the process leading to
application of the r.stream.extract module, the accumulation map was
generated by r.watershed, and r.stream.extract has no problem running with
the unweighted accumulation map. Therefore, I assume the error arose in the
calculation of weight or applying that weight to the unweighted accumulation
map.

   If this assumption is correct, where do I look to find how to resolve the
problem?

Rich