[GRASS-user] obtain node sequence from v.net.salesman

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Apr 30 05:30:25 EDT 2012

On 30/04/12 11:10, Gavin Fleming wrote:
>   Here's my route - it's easy enough to see the nodes but how to extract
> them in the order they need to be visited?
>
> v.select just selects them, but not in route order.

There's currently no official way of getting the node ids in order.
However, there is a workaround that allows you to get that info using
debug output:

[using the NC demo data]

v.net in=streets_wake points=schools_wake out=streets_with_schools
operation=connect thresh=50
g.gisenv set=DEBUG=2
v.net.salesman in=streets_with_schools out=salesroute ccats=1-999

The last line of the output should look like this, giving you the
category values of the nodes in route order:

Nodes' categories (layer 2, 994 nodes):
42,41,164,38,126,15,52,84,16,55,17,157,60,6,61,8,1,76,72,46,47,68,24,25,26,28

It should be fairly easy to add an option to v.net.salesman to output
this information. Please file a wish in the bug tracker, also explaining
which output format would be most suitable.

Moritz