[GRASS-user] update cat column in vector data set

Stefan Luedtke sluedtke at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Aug 16 04:10:20 PDT 2012

Dear friends,

I am struggling with the following point.

I have created a shape of subbasins based on a raster data set. Since
this yields some tiny (pixel size) areas, I run "v.clean" with a certain
threshold to remove/append those artifacts. However, the resulting
vector data set still holds all categories of the old one, even so, some
areas have been removed.

So my question: How can I update these values that the number of
categories matches the number of areas?

I tried v.category (but der is not update function).

Cheers,

Stefan