[GRASS-user] Bathymetric data

Lyle E. Browning lebrowning at att.net
Thu Aug 23 18:30:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm searching for bathymetric data that can be uploaded of the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean that will include the seamounts. Basically at the same resolution that one sees with Google woud work for what I need. What I then want to do is "drain the bathtub" to see whether seamounts might have been exposed during various times in the past 40 thousand years. So if there's a way to get the data and then remove current sea-level at 100' increments for instance would be ideal.

Has anyone done this already, hopefully, or is there data that can be used in that manner?

Thanks in advance,

Lyle Browning