[GRASS-user] Importing ASCII file

sotototo sogal83 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 03:22:56 PDT 2012

Hi,

The projection system that I use is British_National_Grid
Transverse_Mercator and the GCS_OSGB_1936.

I imported the projection and the I ran r.in.arc and it worked!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!

Actually my main purpose is to run the r.sun algorithm and calculate an
annual solar radiation if possible.

The ascii file that I use is already digitized from a DSM because I want to
use certain areas(roofs) to calculate the solar radiation.

So to use r.sun for my ascii file do I have to import first the original DSM
dataset and calculate slope and aspect with r.slope.aspect and then run
r.sun importing my ascii file?

Does this makes sence at all?

Thank you very much