[GRASS-user] r.fuzzy.system output definition

Johannes Radinger johannesradinger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:26:57 PDT 2012

Hi GRASS users!

Maybe anyone has already tried the new GRASS GIS fuzzy inference
system (r.fuzzy.system).
I try to do my first fuzzy computation and follow the paper
Jasiewicz, J. 2011: A new GRASS GIS fuzzy inference system for massive
data analysis, Computers & Geosciences, 37: 9, 1525-1531.

Unfortunately I get an error saying it can't find the output raster
map which is indicated in the .map file:

r.fuzzy.system maps=path/to/my/test_set.map rules=path/to/my/test.rul
family=Zadeh defuz=bisector imp=minimum res=100 output=output
ERROR: Raster map <output> not found

my test_set.map file contains beside the other sets also

%output
$ none {both; 0,20,20,40; linear; 0;1}
$ low {both; 20,40,40,60; linear; 0;1}
$ medium {both; 40,60,60,80; linear; 0;1}
$ high {both; 60,80,80,100; linear; 0;1}

The problem is related to the %output in the .map file not the setting
for output=output because there is also an error for following case:
r.fuzzy.system maps=path/to/my/test_set.map rules=path/to/my/test.rul
family=Zadeh defuz=bisector imp=minimum res=100 output=output_
map
ERROR: Raster map <output> not found

I am using the GUI interface for the module in GRASS GIS 6.5 on Ubuntu
12.04. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?

Thank you

best regards,
Johannes