[GRASS-user] g.copy several map layers into one layer without overwriting .....

Andranik Hayrapetyan andranik.h89 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 03:34:42 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to make a script which will split a raster map into chunks, do
the calculation on every chunk separately ( in parallel way ), and gather
together all the peaces.

So I am cutting the region into peaces, doing the calculation, restoring
region to default region and finally get small peaces of raster map in it's
default location and in default mapset.

Here is the problem of gathering the peaces together arises...

If I do it with r.patch, it is taking too long, and the whole meaning of
parallelism is disappearing.

So I thought about g.copy .

Is there a way to copy all the peaces into one layer without overwriting
the other peaces.

For example I have chunk_1 and chunk_2, which are the parts of one map.
 How can I copy them into another map, so that they don't overwrite each
other ?

Thanks in advance.