[GRASS-user] Complex raster calculations with GRASS....

Andranik Hayrapetyan andranik.h89 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:59:56 PST 2012

Good day,

I am trying implement paralisation for some grass task and understand in
what cases parallelisation is needed and where it is not.
Until now I was doing experiments with calculation of NDVI with r.mapcalc.
But as my experiments shows, calculation of NDVI is too simple task to
parallelise it.

Can you point me to a real life calculation which is more complex than NDVI
?  For example, if calculation of NDVI takes 10 minutes to complete on
specified raster, I want to know a real life calculation that takes, let's
say, 30 minutes ...

Regards,
Andranik