[GRASS-user] i.ortho.photo status

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Dec 13 11:33:16 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Eric Patton <epatton at nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's been about 6 years since I've had to do some air-photo rectification, but
>> it looks like an opportunity to work with these data is opening up for me in
>> the near future. Is i.ortho.photo and friends functional in Grass 6.5/7.0?
>
> The i.ortho.photo suite is functional, i.e. overhauled, in GRASS
> 6.4.svn and 6.5, but not yet in 7.

There is also a related publication:

Rocchini, D., Metz, M., Frigeri, A., Delucchi, L., Marcantonio, M.,
Neteler, M. (2012). Robust rectification of aerial photographs in an
Open Source environment. Computers & Geosciences, 39 (2): 145-151
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2011.06.002
PDF also here: http://gis.cri.fmach.it/publications/

MarkusN