[GRASS-user] [Off-topic] Accessing and downloading over FTP, or else, individual Landsat acquisitions

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Dec 18 09:29:51 PST 2012

GRASSers,

I know this is mostly off-topic -- but I can't trace anywhere on the web a
strait and clear source from which one can access individual Landsat5TM and
Landsat7ETM+ SLC-off tiles.

I also am aware of a similar (but not same question) about downloading Landsat
imagery in a scripted manner.

Using the available web-services is fine concerning in setting up spatial and
temporal criteria and getting results back (e.g.: Paths 178 to 186, Rows 31 to
36, from April 1st 2010 up to today, L1T processing level, Cloud cover less
than 90%, and more).

However, current web-services restrict to 100 scenes to download stuff.

I'd like to use the results returned by EarthExplorer or GloVis for example
and script them using wget.  I know that I first have to ask and not try to
abuse public access bandwidths.

Any pointers well received.  For example, whom should I contact for a
potential access on the archive?  I already have contacted people at GLFC but
they, I think, only maintain a subset of the archive.

Best, Nikos