[GRASS-user] Setting default region - incorrect region set after inserting raster resolution

RichardC richtcooper at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 28 21:26:51 PST 2012

Hi Markus,

I entered the values for the default region through the location wizard
selected at GRASS start up.

The CRS was input via entering EPSG 4326.

Then the spatial extent and raster resolution entered.

I notice that I'm unable to enter region extents in DMS format, getting the
error: 'Invalid value: invalid literal for float(): 0:'

Entering 0.00083333333333333 gives the following result in DEFAULT_VIEW:

proj:       3
zone:       0
north:      90N
south:      90S