[GRASS-user] Upon improving the GRASS-wiki

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Dec 29 07:15:33 PST 2012

GRASSers,

In my humble opinion, GRASS-wiki pages can become quite in-attractive. Not
only due to lengthy and out-dated pages.  It is so, I guess, due to the
theme(?).

The grass-wiki <http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Main_Page> runs on MediaWiki
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki>.  The default(s) concerning the
formatting of the former do not seem, however, to match the ones of the
latter.

Take for example the distances of ToC to Sec (some screenshots in GRASS-Wiki's
Sandbox).  The absence of this distance is, indeed, something minor.  Yet, why
not have it?  Whenever I add an empty line to create some breathing room, it
doesn't look nice.

Then there is, as usual, the color question!  Shouldn't the GRASS-wiki be
wearing its own colors?  It surely deserves so.

Question(s): are there any objections to slowly and slightly alter the current
layout for

- default distances between ToC and Secs, eventually alter some of the
distances between (sub-)Secs

- to match the GRASS-wiki color scheme to GRASS' native colors (i.e. the GRASS
web-page colors?)

- all related Templates <http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Template>
should therefore be consistent to at least a few basic rules (distances, title
font size, colors).

Thank you, Nikos