[GRASS-user] Manage Sqlite Database columns

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 04:43:08 EST 2012

Johannes wrote:
> Of course it is not necessary to change the order
> for database calls etc. It would just be
> interesting when I look into the attributetable of
> a vector within GRASS I have to scroll to the very
> far rigtht side to get to e.g. my vector name label
> which is not that comfortablefor a quick view...

actually 'v.patch -e' used to require that two tables
which are patched together be the same. now I see the
help page says if "the table structures are
identical", & I don't know if that means the column
order must still be identical or now just the names+
types.

also AFAIR v.db.renamecol works by adding a new
column to the end, copying over the attributes,
then dropping the old-named one.

Hamish