[GRASS-user] ps.map rotatecolumn argument

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Sat Feb 4 12:19:42 EST 2012

Hi list,
Has anyone experienced the ability of ps.map's vpoints instruction to
choose from a rotatecolumn to orient symbols on a map ?

Here's the concerned part of my ps.map instruction file :

        vpoints arrow
        	layer 2
        	color black

        eps /usr/local/grass-6.4.2svn/etc/paint/patterns/cross_normal.eps
        	rotatecolumn angle
        	where r=1
        	size 1
        end

In my case, map arrow contains about 50 points but ps.map  only displays
a few ones at correct angle. The database field is integer, angles are
specified ccw from east.
The display of these rotated symbols is correct in wxGUI window.

Digging in the postscript output one can see rotation is not aways
considered where it should, e.g.

BeginEPSF
640.00000 496.30000 translate
0.00000 rotate		# here it should be sth like 25.00000 rotate
1.00000 1.00000 scale
%BeginDocument: SITEEPSF4
SITEEPSF4
%EndDocument