[GRASS-user] Re: grass-user Digest, Vol 70, Issue 7

Shane Litherland litherland-farm at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 4 22:27:55 EST 2012

Hi Aldo, Martin

In last week I to did some work with adding scale/north to a map.

using 6.4.svn (a couple of days behind update at time of post).
With python wx GUI

Found similar to Aldo, where adding scalebar seemed to be a 'once-off'
option, couldn't click on it etc to edit. using icon on toolbar to open
'add scalebar' again didn't seem to help, I may have even crashed the
display/GRASS at one point by clicking around too much on that... but at
time was busy to print the map so did what I had to do to get job done
and continued.

Other bits I noticed, was if I chose to use print icon, and sent to pdf,
much of the map was a black box, with scalebar in top-left of black box
but positioned on right place of map. Black box though seemed to be this
huge bit of extra space associated with scalebar.

printing/exporting to .png image did not result in this black box.

Also, if I made a scalebar but then zoomed map in/out, the scalebar
stayed the same size and in the same position within the display window,
not in the same position relative to the map.
So whatever calculates the scalebar does not refresh if zoom is used
after creation of the scalebar.

Have not tried any of this back in tcltk GUI

Any aspects here worth verifying and adding to a bug report, or putting
in as their own bugs?
Aldo - let me know what bug # you have for putting yours in.

regards,
shane.