[GRASS-user] Re: [GRASSLIST:644] Re: Fwd: Fwd: Developing a forest fragmentation index

Stefan Sylla stefansylla at gmx.de
Sun Feb 5 08:26:08 EST 2012

Hi,

has this script ever been implemented into current grass releases?

However, I've been using this script right now and it helped me a lot to get
the algorithm from Riitters et al. running, so thanks a lot for your work,
Manning.

I made some changes to the script, because I did not understand some parts
of it. If there is anybody who would be interested to discuss I'd be happy.

For example, I replaced the part

with

... because I could not figure out how the formulas for each fraction type
(interior, patch, etc.) where implemented in the code; so I tried to get it
a little clearer with the code above (please comment, because the results
are different!). Furthermore, I discovered that there where some errata in
the original writings from Riitters et al. for edge and perforated forest,
so I also corrected for that.

If there's anybody out there to further discuss the script this would be
great!

Stefan