[GRASS-user] Re: winGrass, ODBC and MS Access database

Christine geo.guide at web.de
Sun Feb 5 14:45:25 EST 2012

Hi Martin,

"v.external -l" reports ODBC format:

Available OGR Drivers:
  ODBC (rw): ODBC
_______________________________

(Sun Feb 05 19:12:08 2012)
v.in.ogr dsn=ODBC:Testdatenbank -l

ERROR 1: Unable to initialize ODBC connection to DSN for
Testdatenbank,
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Datenbank
'(unbekannt)' konnte nicht geöffnet werden. Entweder wird
die Datenbank nicht von Ihrer Anwendung erkannt, oder die
Datei ist beschädigt.
ERROR: Unable to open data source <ODBC:Testdatenbank>
(Sun Feb 05 19:12:09 2012) Command finished (0 sec)

[Sorry for german error reporting - though I have turned all settings to
English GRASS returns some comments in german:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Database
'(unknown)' could not be opended. Either database is not recognized by your
application, or file is damaged.]

Actually I can open this database "Testdatenbank" with QGIS and gvSIG and I
have no reason to assume data corruption. Have also connected to the
database with "db.connect --verbose driver=odbc database=Testdatenbank".

Do I miss anything ? First connecting, then calling the database somehow or
have I to undertake another step in between ?

thanks + regards, Christine