[GRASS-user] How to create a project

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Feb 10 08:51:55 EST 2012

On 10/02/12 12:35, albertsaribekyan at rambler.ru wrote:

> Hii,
>
> I have a tif/geotiff format file: I can create a locationa in GRASS and
> import the tiff file in to it and working with it.
> But I would like to know is it possible to create my own simple
> project(location) with my tif/geotiff data files like a spearfish or
> nc_spm_08?

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for ? Do you want to create
your a file containing all directories and files of your location ? Then
just go into your GRASS database directory and zip, tar or whatever the
directory containing your location.

To make things a bit "cleaner", you might want to erase the
.bash_history file and any .tmp directories in the different mapsets
before compressing.

Moritz